Thomas John Etier
Volunteer Service History
Active Winnebago Lodge #45 Member
- Masonic member since 1982 to date
Active Tebala Shine Member since 1983 to date.
- 7 years active in the Clown Unit. Entertaining as a clown participating in area’s community parades, clowning at local medical facilities, and product vendor during the Tebala circuses all raising funds for the Shrine transportation unit.
- Raising funds by selling and promoting many Tebala’s events. ie: circus program advertising, ticket sales for the Horse Patrol, Air squadron unit, Shriners Children
Burn Medical Center, Ladies of the Nile — etc.
Active Rockford Cosmopolitan Club Member since 1985 to date.
- 14 years served as a Board member.
- 4 years served on the Charities Board
- 2 years served as President
- Personally recruited 93 Cosmo new members.
- 6 years Chairman in charge of the Club’s On The Waterfront food booth
- 4 years Chairman for the Club’s bowling fund raising nights.
- 26 years Chairman for the annual Christmas Party.
- Yearly consistently in the top 10 % of the Club’s annual fund raiser of Poinsettia sales and plant delivery.
- Received multiple Rockford Cosmo Member service awards.
- Charter Committee member that established the Crusader Clinic / Cosmopolitan Diabetes Program.
Active Cosmopolitan International Service.
- 2 years served on the Cosmopolitan International Board — Kansas City.
- 2 years served as the Cosmo’s Mid-States Federation’s V.P. Governor elect and Governor.
- 2 years served as a Board member on The International Cosmopolitan Diabetes Foundation
Active volunteer Make-A-Wish Foundation since 2002 to date.
- Guest speaker to accept donations from local groups.
- Guest speaker at The Chicago Marathon Make-A-Wish family team dinner.
- Recognizing my Daughter Alyssa and our family as a prior Wish recipient.
- Volunteer and sponsor of 2 MAW 3K Walk & Run.
- Volunteer and sponsor of 2 MAW Bean Bag Tournaments.
Active Elite Business Alliance member since 1989 to date.
- Serve currently and over the past 15 years as the active President.
- The EBA agenda
- -20 annual business meetings
- -25 members representing varies industries from 25 local businesses
- -Promote members, sharing specific business knowledge, assist members in business challenges, support each member’s charity work, and personal relationship growth.
Swedish American Hospital Community Public Relations Committee
- 7 year member. 1 year as president. Co-Chairman of the fund raising events.
Our Saviors Lutheran Church
- 3 year Board member
- 5 year Co-Chairman of the youth program
NAMI — National Alliance on Mental Illness (Northern Illinois)
- Co-Chairman of the local Golf Play Day event.
Boylan High School
- Committee and Master of Ceremony for the fund raiser event The Afterglow.
- Swim Team Parent Co-Chairman. Secured donations to purchase and install the swimming pool’s electronic touch pads and timing / scoring system. Boylan H.S. was the only conference team without a timing system.
Forest Hills Country Club member since 1995 to date
- 7 year served on the Board of Governors.
- 21 year & active to date Co-Chairman of the FHCC four day event’s – Fourth of July activities.
Monetary and In-Kind Donations: Multiple Charities have been and continue being supported. The following is an incomplete list naming many of the organizations:
- NI Disabled Veterans Association.
- The Ryan Jury Golf Outing
- Swedish American Health Foundation
- Keep NI Clean / Beautiful
- Belvidere Chamber of Commerce
- Rockford Rock Regatta
- Boys & Girls Club
- Lutherdale Bible Camp
- Lutheran H. S.
- NI Food Bank
- Knights of Columbus
- Relay for Life
- Boys & Girl Scouts of America
- Toys for Tots
- NI Veterans Drop Off
- Special Olympics
- Rockford Pro AM
- Zion Lutheran Church’s soup kitchen — twice a year since 1990.